Today we are going to review the Editorial Calendar template provided by the TopRank Marketing blog and show you how you would go about migrating it into the Marketing.AI system.
The Editorial Calendar template provided from TopRank as a download to the OptimizeBook is clear and easy to use. It is a little sparse on colour but it provides many of the same details that you will find within the Marketing.AI system, making it very easy to migrate over your existing Excel Editorial Calendar to an online calendar that can be used for workflow management, collaboration and publishing.
This calendar has a publish date for each item so you can just select the date you wish to add your item to by clicking on the corresponding date in Marketing.AI’s graphical calendar. This brings up the details view where you can start to fill in the rest of the information about the content item.
- First up is the Title, which can just just pop into the Title field at the top of the page, this will now be how you will identify the content item in your drag-and-drop calendar view.
- The next column is Topic/Category which probably best translates as Theme. You can create your themes under Workflow->Themes and then use the drop-down menu to apply one of your themes to each content item.
- Buy Cycle translates to Buyer Cycle, where again you can select one of our seven-stage buyer cycle stages from the drop-down menu. If you use alternate buyer cycle stages simply send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will customize your account to reflect your stages.
- Audience in this instance most directly relates to your Buyer Personas, which you can create in Workflow->Strategy and then select using the drop-down menu. You can then track the success of your content at attracting each Buyer Persona using our Analytics. You can also select the Target Industries for each content item and receive feedback on the visitor from those industries to your content.
- Keywords and Tags translates directly into the Keywords field.
- Social Topics is covered by Hashtags and Influencers in Marketing.AI’s calendar. This allows you to specify the hashtags you want to use when promoting your content and the people that you want to target with your content for further reach and sharing.
- Media includes the images and videos that you wish to include with your content. In the Marketing.AI Editorial Calendar this is taken care of by our integration with Chute, that allows you instantly choose from your photos on Facebook, Instagram, Picasa and Flickr. For other media, such as videos, these can be included as file attachments for your content creators to reference or embed in the item.
Using this guide you should be able to quickly migrate over your existing editorial calendar into the Marketing.AI system. Additional features available to you when using your online calendar include assigning items to content creators, managing their workflow and publishing or scheduling your content to your CMS or social media profiles.
If you would like us to perform a mass import using our managed service you can contact us at email@example.com and we will get it all up and running for you. Once you have it all done it should start to look a little something like this: